Manitoba Land Rover Club
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2021, 11:59:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Manitoba Land Rover Club  |  CLASSIFIED
 |  Commercial Market Place  |  Topic: TITAN OFF-ROAD RECOVERY GEAR
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TITAN OFF-ROAD RECOVERY GEAR  (Read 2891 times)
Titan Winch
Commercial Vendor

« on: February 13, 2009, 09:47:40 PM »

First i would like to thank discocarlos for inviting me to the site. thanks Carlos.
My main line of products are my winches i spend a great deal of time in developing and trying to improve upon them .
The number of changes that have come about over the last 3 years is substantial when i think back .
A lot of improvements are somewhat minor in themselves but when i think back to what i started with and what it is now they are not that minor.
Case in point are the solenoids in the last 18 months they have gone through 3 improvements while each time it was only minor ( one such was the rubber plugs for the bolt heads holding the 2 parts together ) when the final product is compared to the initial unit the difference is actuall fairly major.

Here are some pictures showing the line up for this year.

exmod110
ALROM Member
Trail Blazer

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:55:55 AM »

Can you give us a link to the spec's of the various models,  estimated price's and where you are located please?

85 exmod110 300tdi stock but half locked... built not bought!!!
02 Mazda Protege5
99 Honda Foreman 450
Titan Winch
Commercial Vendor

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »

http://www.titanwinches.com/

Here is the link and the specs are in there somewhere as are the prices.
there are a number of new features from last years models . Mostly with improved sealing on the solenoid box  and the end cap on the motor .
All the other seals are the same . I have a lot of seals on my winches as i try to keep them as water resistant as possible.
The solenoid now has rubber plugs for the bolt heads that join the 2 parts together ( it is only a small thing but every little thing helps )The end caps used to be connected with bolts through the cap. I used O-Rings to help seal the bolt holes , The problem with this is that when any maintenance was performed generally the rubber O-Rings  could not be used again. The way i solved this was to eliminate the bolt holes entirely and have the bolts fed from the Foot Casting side. The control box is now all metal with a twin lip on the base to seal it and the leads for the motor have rubber grommets to seal the holes from the solenoid box as they pass through.
Cheers.

Pages: [1] Print 
Manitoba Land Rover Club  |  CLASSIFIED
 |  Commercial Market Place  |  Topic: TITAN OFF-ROAD RECOVERY GEAR
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines