Manitoba Land Rover Club
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2021, 04:11:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Manitoba Land Rover Club  |  GENERAL CATEGORY
 |  General Land Rover discussions  |  Topic: Anybody still alive??
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anybody still alive??  (Read 4524 times)
dplace
Winch Monkey

« on: March 06, 2015, 08:23:56 PM »

Looks like 2 years since anyone was active. I am working on 2 Ser III vehicles and have loads of parts for sale. 3 tops for 88" vehicles, some with side windows some solid sides $300 range. Just about any other parts you could want. I am doing an electric fan conversion now and winch installation. Second vehicle is getting a full restoration. Engine out on the stand ready for compete rebuild.

Dave Place
Rambler

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 05:49:25 PM »

Good to heare there is another Land Rover coming to Manitoba.  You can call my cell at 785-0410 when you get back. By the way, I had an article on locking hubs published in Australia this month.  It was one I submitted to the Ottawa Valley Land Rover Club, of which I am a member. Dave Place

Hello Dave, can I ask where I might find a copy of your article on the FWH please?  I have some (Warn M11s) on my Series 2 that I am wanting to strip and service to free up one that appears seized.
Thanks,
Ian (In Sask)

‘M’  1961 Series 2 88” (project rebuild, almost done)
1957 Series 1 88” (next in line)

‘Dalek’  1974 Series 3 SWB (now sunning itself in the Carolinas)
Rambler

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 05:50:41 PM »

Looks like 2 years since anyone was active. I am working on 2 Ser III vehicles and have loads of parts for sale. 3 tops for 88" vehicles, some with side windows some solid sides $300 range. Just about any other parts you could want. I am doing an electric fan conversion now and winch installation. Second vehicle is getting a full restoration. Engine out on the stand ready for compete rebuild.

Dave Place
Hi Dave
Wonder if you have any hoops for a canvas top.  I'm in the process of fitting a tilt to my Series 2 project vehicle,
Thanks Ian

dplace
Winch Monkey

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 08:47:35 PM »

No hoops but two hard tops one with fixed windows installed and one more modern 90 degree corners for sliding glass but glass removed, otherwise excellent shape.

Warn hubs article in Ottawa LNd Rover archive articles but they are very easy to overhaul. Before you do that, jack up the offending wheel and try turning the handle. Often they can just get a small stone or mud in the mechanism. If that doesn't work, take the hub off and wash out the interior with Varsol and repack with grees but don't over pack it. If that doesn't repair it then you likely have some damage to the scroll. If it isn't serious, a good smoothing of the scroll and spiral with emery cloth then lubrication and replacing it should do the trick. When you jack up the wheel to move it while rotating the hub handle, give the hub a good spray of WD40. The star mounted on the axle can also get burs on the tips of the star. Just take a file and clean up the tips so the hub can engage and release smoothly.

Dave Place. Selkirk MB
Rambler

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 12:40:20 AM »

Hi Dave,
Thanks very much for your prompt and helpful reply.  One of my Warn FW hubs will not turn (handle nor the hub/wheel) so hoping to have a proper look this weekend.  Will try the options you have suggested.

Ian

Rambler

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 08:14:01 PM »

Happy to write on removing the wheel and stuck solid brake drum, it was a broken brake spring which was causing my free wheel hub issue.  Now working as it should as is the other side.  Thanks again for your helpful info.
Ian

bomberfan
MB4WD Association Member
Gate Opener

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 03:09:29 AM »

And almost another 2 years......

I see a lot of Defenders around Winnipeg lately.....

WORE Public Relations
dersu

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »

Yes, not much activity on here.
A few Rovers running around, but getting thin on the ground.
Pages: [1] Print 
Manitoba Land Rover Club  |  GENERAL CATEGORY
 |  General Land Rover discussions  |  Topic: Anybody still alive??
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines