Manitoba Land Rover Club
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2021, 04:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Land Rover discussions / Re: Show and Shine at Selkirk
« Last post by dplace on June 30, 2017, 12:19:03 PM »
August 13 from noon till 4 P.M. there will be a large Show and Shine event in Selkirk at the waterfront.  How about getting a few Land Rovers out to the event.  I will have my rebuilt Ser III 88" vehicle there.  I have been asked by a few people to be sure to show up as our vehicles have become quite rare and people would love to see them.  I had a lot of people drop by to chat at Steinbach a couple of weeks ago and other drivers wanted me to come to their events to add a unique vehicle to the mix of "normal" Detroit metal that shows up at these events.

Dave
Maybe we could arrange to have coffee in Selkirk or somewhere. There is s Shoe at Petersfield we could attend.
I'm the one that bought the SIII last fall from you/your son.
Roverlands in BC is still pretty active.
And 3brothersclassicrovers.com has parts and stuff in Southern Ontario.

I wish I could be more active but life is getting in the way right now.
I'm still always looking for all things Rover, though!

Charlie
General Land Rover discussions / Show and Shine at Selkirk
« Last post by dplace on June 28, 2017, 11:21:01 PM »
August 13 from noon till 4 P.M. there will be a large Show and Shine event in Selkirk at the waterfront.  How about getting a few Land Rovers out to the event.  I will have my rebuilt Ser III 88" vehicle there.  I have been asked by a few people to be sure to show up as our vehicles have become quite rare and people would love to see them.  I had a lot of people drop by to chat at Steinbach a couple of weeks ago and other drivers wanted me to come to their events to add a unique vehicle to the mix of "normal" Detroit metal that shows up at these events.

Dave
Hi
Well, I like the site as it is but there just isn't activity.  I am joining the All British Car Club just so I can hang with others and perhaps share tools and parts that other British vehicles use.  I am active with the Ottawa Valley Land Rover group and I have flown out there to attend some of their events.  I might go out again in August if my health holds up. I will have two articles in the next newsletter if you are a member.  I see a few vehicles around Winnipeg when I am in there every day, but not many.  Most of them are the D90 or newer and not many of the older Series ones around.  I went through my list of Land Rover related URLs last night and all but Rover's North's site were no longer active.  I still get regular parts from them and they mail me their magazine and other stuff.  They want me to write an article and send some pictures.  I will do that soon.  I have started going to the odd Show and Shine just so I have something to do with the Rover and now that I am in my early 70s I can't do a lot of off road stuff anymore since I have an illness similar to Muscular Dystrophy. OVLR suggested I put Manitoba Land Rover Club on the masthead of my two articles just so people who are western members will know there is some action here.  Maybe we will see a couple of people on the site following the next news letter.  I know Robert in E. Selkirk is no longer driving his and it is in his backyard just sitting.  Don't know what has happened to anyone else.

Dave Place
Selkirk
I just approved a new member - not sure how I missed that notification initially.

Updated the forum a while back I think, might need to check again.

I keep it running since it basically costs me next to nothing, but there's not much direction on where to go with it.

Maybe if people want to vote on what areas to trim down?
I seem to be the last of the active Land Rover Series guys around.  I won the Best Special Interest Vehicle plaque at Steinbach two weeks ago and I was in the All British Car Show and Shine at E. Selkirk for the Highland Games, at least in the parade till it started to rain.  Is anyone still interested in any type of club.  I have fully restored my 1974 Ser III and last week I received a letter from England with the Birth Certificate of my vehicle.  It says May 23rd 1974 is the start of build and it was dispatched in light green to Los Angeles in June of 1974.  I bought it in Mississippi but it has a California registration sticker on one bumper.  I sold another Ser III to a fellow at Selkirk and I also know there is a beautiful 110 truck that was totally rebuilt in South America that not lives in Selkirk.  There is one other fellow building a Ser III who bought three parts vehicles from me.

Dave Place
Selkirk
General Land Rover discussions / Re: Anybody still alive??
« Last post by dersu on June 10, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »
Yes, not much activity on here.
A few Rovers running around, but getting thin on the ground.
General Land Rover discussions / Re: Anybody still alive??
« Last post by bomberfan on June 05, 2017, 03:09:29 AM »
And almost another 2 years......

I see a lot of Defenders around Winnipeg lately.....
General Land Rover discussions / Re: Who owns the Black 109 running around Winnipeg
« Last post by lamerfreak on September 04, 2015, 08:10:11 PM »
I saw one of those lately, too... not sure if it's one of those from the guy at St Matthew's/Wall.
General Land Rover discussions / Who owns the Black 109 running around Winnipeg
« Last post by dplace on August 16, 2015, 10:38:49 AM »
i have seen a nice D109 in Black running around Winnipeg lately. Who owns it. Didn't see anyone at Lower Fort Gary last week. My 1974 Ser III made the local news story on the event (Selkirk Journal). Sure don't see any other vintage Rovers around any more. Everyone too old or lost interest?

Dave VE4PN
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines