Manitoba Land Rover Club
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 04, 2021, 05:25:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Land Rover discussions / Re: Land Rover nostalgia
« Last post by dplace on August 01, 2017, 05:02:49 PM »
I wish I knew how to enlarge the patches and have them upright but I am just learning myself.  Anyone who wants a bigger picture, send me a request with your e-mail and I will forward them.

Dave Place
Selkirk, Manitoba
General Land Rover discussions / Land Rover nostalgia
« Last post by dplace on August 01, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »
Here are some patches from the Ser Land Rover Era.  I think I had these about 1960 onward.
A young lady named Tannis dropped by the All British Car Show today and asked if I could help her find a good Series Land Rover, good enough to be a daily driver.  I suggested she look at a Ser IIa in particular.  Does anyone have a IIa they want to sell that can pass a safety and is good enough to drive daily?  She is willing to do some work over time to "smarten up" an older vehicle but she doesn't want to buy a "fixer upper".  Post whatever you have here and I am sure Tannis will see it.
Also, if anyone need parts for a Ser IIa or Ser III vehicle I have a lead on two or three dismantled vehicles that are here in Selkirk.  Everything from a good frame up is in storage in E. Selkirk.  I sold the stuff so I know basically what is in the container so drop me a line and let me know and I will pass on the fellows name and phone number.

Thanks

Dave Place
Selkirk
Thanks for coming by Mike.  Thank-you to everyone else who dropped by to say Hi.  A young lady, Tannis, is interested in buying a Series vehicle in good enough shape to be a daily driver.  If anyone has something, please post it here.  I told her about the new site and she said she will keep watching. Something around the $10,000 area should get her a IIa or something similar that is good enough to drive around the city on a regular basis I would think.  She had no preference for hard or soft top  but I have at least 3 tops locally if you don't have one.
It was nice to talk to you at the British car show at the Forks Dave.  Although I no longer have a Series, I'm a Defender guy, I still love the forms.  I'm always interested in anything Landrover. Very nice truck. I will keep checking back to the forum for activity.

Mike
General Land Rover discussions / Re: Happy Canada Day
« Last post by dplace on July 14, 2017, 07:23:09 PM »
There is a Show and Shine at Half Moon this Sunday. I hope to have my Ser III there for the show. If you ever need Ser parts, I sold three parts vehicles to a fellow in Selkirk and lots were already off.
General Land Rover discussions / Re: Happy Canada Day
« Last post by wpgseries on July 14, 2017, 07:15:18 PM »
Didn't think there was anyone left on here. I'll have to start checking in again on a regular basis
For Sale / Wanted / Ser 11A and Ser III items for sale
« Last post by dplace on July 01, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »
If anyone needs parts for a Ser IIA or III, call me and I will put you in touch with the fellow who bought three vehicles from me.  He is parting all the stuff out. Even some tops and a good tub in that lot from a Ser III.   I have a couple of almost new and repainted wheels and tires.  If you are interested I will get the size off the tires and reply.  Lots of other bits and pieces as well.  Anyone got a set of wire light guards they want to sell or trade?  I want the front and back ones for a Ser III.

Dave
General Land Rover discussions / Happy Canada Day
« Last post by dplace on July 01, 2017, 08:16:43 PM »
 :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn :cdn
Had my Land Rover out for a general drive around today and to show it off for Canada Day.  Lots of looks and waves.  I hope to get out again later this evening for the fire works on the Selkirk docks.  Lots of people there already at 8 P.M.  Have a great Canada Day.

Dave
I can't remember if you live in Selkirk.  Dale told me you have a couple of more Land Rovers.  Would like to see them.  Do you want to do coffee one day and perhaps come and see my ham station?  I just completed installing side steps and modifying the shifter on mine. Running out of things to do but I think I will now start to redo some of the wiring and in particular get the electric fan thermostat mounted.  I also want to install a stand alone temperature gauge.  I don't think mine is that accurate since it never gets over the top of the white square.  My other problem is that the gas gauge reads only half the contents of the tank. When full it is half and when the gauge says E there is still half a tank.  I don't want to take a chance on it.  How is the Rover we sold you doing?  It always was a good vehicle.  I think it shifted better than mine but maybe now that I have rebuilt the shifter tower and put liquid electrical tape (rubber dip) on the tip at the transmission, it shifts a lot better and no gear hang-up.
I also want to find some replacements lamps for the light bar I installed from Princess Auto. They seem to be non standard and look more like a tractor work sealed beam. They mount in the metal box shown.  I also want to upgrade my ham radio to 50 watts and something more reliable.  Otherwise I can't think of anything else I want except perhaps the wire light guards we ended up putting on yours before we sold it.  Sorry now I didn't get around to putting them on mine.  I will have to reorder a set but with U.S. dollars and shipping plus duty it is an expensive bit of wire!!  Are you a member of the Ottawa Club? They are the most active in N.A. and have a nice newsletter on line and a lot of useful stuff in the FAQ site on line.  I have known Dixon Kenner for years and attended a cross country with them once when I flew east.
lamerfreak and I are trying to get more action on here and perhaps revitalize the club into at least a coffee get together and maybe eventually go in shows or have a small one of our own if there are enough guys.  I see some D110s around and very few Series Vehicles.
Dave
219 Colcleugh Ave
Selkirk
Ph 204-785-0410 Cell
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines